Lithuananian Jazz Union is an association based in Vilnius and governed by three bodies: president, board, members.
In 2022 a new president and board was elected.
Lietuvos džiazo federacijos board:
Lithuanian JAZZ union president:
Ve value artistry, equality, freedom, knowledge exchange and respecting people, environment and art.
Lithuanian Jazz Union’s mission is:
- to grow and nurture Lithuanian jazz;
- to help and make it recognisable;
- to establish its industry in the jazz market locally, as well as abroad.
Lithuanian Jazz Union’s vision is:
- to establish a network of strategically important connections in the international jazz market;
- consequently, to implement cultural exchanges, educational seminars, workshops, and promotion necessary to Lithuanian jazz.
Lithuanian Jazz Union’s main areas of activity are:
- Providing regional and business-related education;
- Executing inner (among musicians, managers, festival organizers, etc.) and outer (between artists and audiences) communication;
- Finding financial support for various jazz-related projects;
- Networking at international jazz fairs and events related to local / international jazz industry, retaining cooperations with embassies and municipalities;
- Various work – promotional, educational – during jazz festivals and conferences;
- Implementing the strategy of Lithuanian jazz export (digital and physical).
- To support, represent and protect the economical, legal and professional interests of members of Lithuanian Jazz Union.
- To support organizations, individuals and publications, which are important to the Union’s activities.
- To build favorable conditions for businesses concerned with Lithuanian jazz and its culture’s promotion and advocacy.
- To ally with other relevant Lithunian and international federations / unions.
- To participate in activities and events of relevant international organizations.
- To organize events connected to Lithuanian Jazz Union’s interests, and arrange means for jazz musicians to professionally improve.
- To collaborate and exchange relevant information with other apposite organizations in Lithuania and abroad.
- To build favourable conditions for the Union’s members to improve their profession-related qualifications.
- To initiate and organise seminars, workshops, conferences, as well as other relevant events in the sphere of jazz music.